Why Are We Different: "This is a program not just sober living or Christian center. Where to go, what to do, and how to do it (pay rent, clean house, seek recovery, know God) is completely taken out of the picture. We have taken all the pragmatic living skills (life skills) that we were taught by our 12 step recovery peers and left the rest behind. So finally there is a place you can go that has the answers you need to stop the cycle of negative consequences brought on by your using, worshiping self and turning your back on God". Ro 1:28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper;
Hello my name is Matthew Cooper I am the founder of Recovery Way Ministries, Inc. and have a proven (Adj.1.proven - established beyond doubt;) system of recovery (Last 12 months only 4 relapses on premises out of 75 men).
I am living proof of this as my 25 plus years in 12 step recovery of abstaining from drugs and alcohol would confirm. Why Jesus then if 12 step recovery enabled me to stay clean all this time? For starters I am 1 out of 20,000 according to government data. Truly Grace from God that most people are not blessed with. That Grace to never forget the "living hell".
- What if I told you feeling better is a lie and you will die trying (spiritually and physically) which you already have proof as you have tried almost to the cost of your own lives could you deny that?
- If I told you addiction is not a disease and you are not sick in the brain (according to AMA) getting better but you are sick at heart (Jer 17:9), that you think and do bad things and it is impossible for you to change no matter how hard you try or what steps you take (12 steps or otherwise as are evidenced by the amount of people flooding into drug treatment centers and most for multiple times) could you see the truth in that?
- What would you say if I told you I found a new truth? That after the length of most of my clients life times I still was no closer to understanding “what was the meaning of life” and how I was supposed to live. That short of not using my exact drug of choice (or any other pharmaceuticals) I could not refrain from going to other worldly things to satisfy me which not only they never did but ultimately made me feel worse about life and myself and always worsened my situation.
- What would you say if I told you that all teaching of man, let’s talk 12 step recovery for now answered no questions even told me not to ask? God, money, relationships, politics, parents, children, religion, authority, sex and always lead me back to the same place. “I'm and addict named Matthew” and I did not use (drugs) today. This is how I identified myself. Others identified me by this also. As long as I did not use drugs and the longer I did not use them the more I was praised even though everything else may have been taking second place. As a matter of fact it is our creed that everything else takes second place even though the gospel of NA is that "drugs are just a symptom and I am the problem".
- So as it turns out everything for which I based how I lived was a lie. Mixed messages, double standards, men’s opinions and experiences when in truth all were ending up in the same place as me. The god of my understanding was (the same guy who got me in this mess in the first place, me) or other men who lived by the same ridiculous assumption that their god (them) could have the answers for me.
Now, seeing as addiction (sin) is a matter of the heart not a brain disease. That calling yourselves sick or diseased is such a convenience for man as we catch a disease and we are not responsible for that so if we use again we are not responsible for that.
The Bible is very clear on matters of the heart: 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. Ezekiel 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will put within them. I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give them a heart of flesh, Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.
The Recovery Way Difference:
Here in Florida at Recovery Way we pride ourselves in being different and we are. We interview every man before accepting them into our program and accept less than 1 out of 10 which means 100% of the men want to be here 100% of the time. Not believing in the one and only God are never reasons for non acceptance. Scoffing at the idea is. What we require at time of interview is sincere agreement that "everything you know about living is killing you and are ready to leave your thinking at the door having and open mind that someone knows something that you do not (for the 1st time in your life) and are ready to follow directions". We firmly believe that the addict and alcoholic (man) cannot think their way into good living. 1Co 4:3,4 But to me it is a very small thing that I may be examined by you, or by any human court; in fact, I do not even examine myself. For I am conscious of nothing against myself, yet I am not by this acquitted; but the one who examines me is the Lord.
Here at Recovery Way we have found that willingness, Grace (God giving you the ability to do what was impossible before) is the KEY and with willingness comes action. We provide the perfect platform for the addict and alcoholic to hit the ground running. To re acclimate into society without the additional stresses brought on by "where to go, what to do, and how to do it". With this in mind we provide nothing but the best possible sober living conditions to stop the worship of all temporal things believing they will satisfy (using anything on the outside to make me feel good on the inside) and depend in God who truly satisfies and bears good fruit. Gal 5:22-24But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
WHO WILL QUALIFY:
Those who desire to know the truth.
Founder & Owner
Recovery Way Ministries, Inc.
(561) 255-7225 Main
(800) 308-8569 Business
(888) 519-1944 Fax
We are NOT a 501.c.3 Christian-Charitable organization. We do not hold fund raisers or charity drives or solicit dollars though you are free to make a donation in dollars or real-estate property with a grateful heart as we are praying and saving to have a compound one day to accommodate 100 men to lead to the lord.
Status applied for...